First is a baby blanket (the first of three) that went to Project Linus today. I find I feel compelled to use small floral prints to make simple blankets, and they are often my favorites. I meant to do a simple four patch and got carried away with a design idea, but that happens sometimes. I had to keep these blankets to a maximum width of 36 inches because I had a bolt of white Minky that had been cut to 36 inches to use as backing. I try to keep baby blankets small and then go nuts and make them bigger, so this kept me in line. There's a close-up showing the backing and the pretty floral print.
The second blanket is made from a super pretty fabric that I could not envision using in any pattern, so I used it as a sort of whole cloth quilt. I liked it, and I hope it's cheery for some small child.
The third I made from a bunch of donated 3.5 inch squares, and I do mean a bunch. The squares that made that blanket barely made a dent in the overall stash of squares. Fortunately I moved the box of squares along to another quilter, so I can move on as well.