Nevertheless, I have been productive lately, after a long dry spell through the fall and holidays. I turned in five blankets for Project Linus and have a few more in the works, plus I made a blanket for one of my husband's coworkers who is expecting. It's been good, very good, to be quilting again.
So I decided I would trim down the worst offenders and border them in white, which was not at all what I had in mind originally. Bear in mind, this was not my cutting error, so it took all my patience to not just chuck this whole project. But the fabric was so sweet, it was begging to be made. I inserted a flannel raggedy flange when I sandwiched it and used green flannel for the back – not the perfect fit but this was a scrap buster, so no buying fabric. I used a single decorative stitch in purple (you can hardly see it in the pic) in the middle of the big four patches to quilt the layers together. All in all, not bad. Not bad at all.
I'm moving on to new colors this month. Stay tuned!