Anyway, I started seeing a pillow that had an embroidered wreath on it, with red berries. To be fair, the red berries are bigger, round circles all filled in. I think it's made commercially, but plenty of people who do hand embroidery have pinned it. So I set out to make my own.
I found a wreath in a cross stitch pattern, and I traced the vine and put dots for the berries. The branch of wreath is half the circle, so I traced it and then turned it 180 degrees and traced it again to get a full circle. Then I embroidered it using brown for the vine and variegated red for the berries. It was kind of fun and very satisfying, now that it's done.
I'm posting this on Supermom – No Cape! in her Embroidery Link Party – check it out!